PORTRAIT SESSION INFORMATION
The J Family
The J Family
Thank you for helping us create and have these beautiful images as Lucy grows. This has become a yearly tradition that we count on and enjoy always, thank you!
step one: BOOKING YOUR SESSION
First we'll chat on the phone ( to go over everything you see below!) and figure out what is the best fit for you.
The booking process is 100% online, and only takes a few minutes to pick a date/time on the calendar, sign the contract and pay the session fee. Once you're booked, I'll send you a questionnaire & session guide that will walk you through everything from choosing outfits to strategies for chaotic households (which are my favorite kind:) This guide typically answers 90% of questions that come up, but I'm always available to schedule a time to chat. I'll also touch base one before our session to confirm session details.
When scheduling your session, a few things to note:
- Given the beautiful colors and temperate weather, spring and fall are the busiest times of year for outdoor photos in New York.
- If you have a particular date or holiday by which you need prints or gifts (Mother's Day, Father's Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.), be sure to book a date at least one month in advance of that date to ensure sufficient processing and printing time.
- Babies and young children are almost universally at their very best first thing in the morning, which just happens to also be a great time of day for beautiful light. If you have children under five years old, I encourage you to consider a session as early as you can reasonably be ready :)
- If you have older children (or have one of those rare babies that doesn't do mornings, the other time of day that gives us great light is late afternoon/early evening... usually around 1.5 hours before sunset.
- Beautiful photographs can be made in any kind of weather, but I understand that there are some downsides to being photographed in the pouring rain or the freezing cold. I do reschedule sessions for inclement weather, but I am also happy to use your home or one of my indoor or semi-indoor locations if sticking to the schedule is a priority or you would love a more adventurous session :)
step two: THE SESSION, WHAT TO EXPECT
I'll send you a getting ready guide that will walk you through everything from choosing outfits to strategies for getting everyone to cooperate. That guide has been created and refined over years of experience, so it typically answers 90% of thequestions that come up, but I'm always happy to set up a time to chat if you have questions. A few days before our session is scheduled, I'll reach out to confirm our time and location... at that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone seems to be comingdown with the flu, we can talk about our rescheduling options. Otherwise, that's theperfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you've come up with afun idea we haven't discussed.
The day of the session, please block off 2 hours. Typically we're done within 60 - 90 minutes or so, but if there's some kind of wardrobe malfunction or meltdown, I like to stay flexible.
Finally, take a breath and enjoy the session... sessions are painless and we take lots of breaks as needed. We'll set aside a few minutes for a few formals (no more than 10-15 minutes), and then the rest of the time is play and candids:)
step three: THE FUN PART! VIEWING & SELECTING YOUR COLLECTION
- 1-2 weeks after your session, you'll receive an email letting you know that your slideshow / gallery is ready for proofing
- I'll ask you to select a 24-48 hour window to view your proofing slideshow
- At that time you'll select a Print Collection (only after you've seen all your images!). After that, you'll have a month to select the specific digital files and print items you want to use to fill that collection.... zero pressure! I also have samples of all physical products I offer, and always love setting up a video call to go over print product options together.
PORTRAIT SESSIONS PRICING MENU
SESSION FEE + PRINT COLLECTIONS
SESSION FEE - $175
The session fee is paid at the time of booking ($100 deposit to reserve your date & remainder paid at time of session). The session fee includes all pre-session planning, the on-location session, equipment costs & online proofing slideshow + gallery.
PRINT COLLECTIONS - starting at $600
Then, only after you've seen all your images, you will select a Print Collection. All print collections include a # of digital files and a print credit to spend in your gallery.
+ NY sales tax
Print Collections for Portrait Sessions
The Essentials Collection
$600 + NY SALES TAX
25 High - resolution digital images of your choice
$100 print credit towards your choice of individual prints, albums, wall art, and other gifts
The Classic Collection
$850 + NY SALES TAX
50 High - resolution digital images of your choice
$250 print credit towards your choice of individual prints, albums, wall art, and other gifts
The Heirloom Collection
$1000 + NY Sales tax
ALL High - resolution digital images
$500 print credit towards your choice of individual prints, albums, wall art, and other gifts
WHY DO I NEED DIGITAL FILES & A PRINT CREDIT?
What you're going to do with your images is perhaps the most important aspect to consider when you're planning for a photo session, but it's all too often the aspect that's overlooked...
For years, my clients told me they loved their images but never got around to printing them. All that time and money invested deserve a better return than photos gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere. Yes, Digital files are definitely convenient and serve a purpose.... but you'll never get the same feeling looking at your photos on a screen as you will seeing them on your wall or flipping through the pages of an album, so I include a print credit with every collection.
DO YOU OFFER PAYMENT PLANS?
yes, I offer payment installments with any print collection
What can I do with my print credit?
Below are a few of my favorite print products that can be purchased from your online store. I'm always happy to do a zoom chat to show some sample prints and answer any questions.